Monday, May 02, 2005

Too much sleep, too little to do

I know that's not much of a complaint,
but it's all I've got for today, so back the fuck off.
ok?
ok.
hubby's taking it easy this week, his sales guys are all at some big kick off thing,
for the new fiscal year, so he has very little to do.
fortunately he has me.
(buh-dum ching)
we've wasted the entire 2.5 hours of preschool,
by laying in bed watching REALLY BAD TELEVISION.
Time Cop, the series.
wow.
it was horrible.
but we're both so drawn to sci fi, that it was fun anyway.
TIME TRAVEL RULES.

so, since I'm stuck in a rut of boring y'all with my dreams,
here's the rundown from last night:
watching my son play on the wharf,
from a distance too great to cover if he needed me,
and a diver harpoons a killer whale.
right next to the mooring where my son was.
can you say PANIC ATTACK?
there was also a segment involving my first boyfriend
and another segment in which I was driving a car in the Indy 500 or something.
I love my dreams.
(and no, I won't marry them, smartass)

I think I need to move my computer,
because I have no creative energy down here.
I'm in this little hallway, leading to my basement.
why?
because I don't have a "pretty" desk,
and I refuse to ugly up the rest of my gorgeous house with a computer sitting on a god damn card table.
not gonna happen, people.
so, if I keep writing about how bored i am or how little I have to say,
then just know that I'm sacrificing creativity for superficial beauty.
and that just means I've been living in Utah for so long that I'm becoming one of THEM.
eeek!
eh, I'm too tired to fight it.
so, if I start wearing make up and "doing" my hair,
shopping exlusively at the higher-end department stores,
and making appointments to get my nails done...
could you please chip in, hire an assassin, and put me out of my misery?
ok, thanks.
I'm sure it'll never come to that, really.
I value my uniqueness too much.
and my lean thigh muscles,
but that's a different story for a different day.

and now, duty calls.
I guess I better answer.
and this time, not with a bird.

No comments: