Tuesday, May 10, 2005

It might be raining outside,

but the sun is shining in MY world.

so, I should probably apologize for bitching about getting no comments,
then turning around and NOT POSTING.
but that would mean I'm not a huge bitch,
and we can't have that.
I think my kids are getting sick of this weather.
either that or they caught a nasty case of the Whine Flu.
and me without the number to the Gypsy Children Buyers Association.
ah, well.
it's probably for the best--
I might just use it.

so there are two reasons I didn't post earlier.
You probably don't care, but I'm telling you anyway.
so sit down and shut up.
(ok, granted, you were probably already sitting, and talking while reading isn't always easy, so you were probably in a state of being shut up, already, too. fuck off.)
ok.
so mostly you can blame Chaz
because he showed up today,
like the rays of a long lost sun...
and so I had no choice but to soak him up for what little time I had before
reason number two:
an appointment with a personal trainer.
the first of my weekly visits for the next year...
just signed up yesterday.
this should be GOOD.
more than good.
it should kick my ass, and get me the fuck back on track.
today was measurements and a quick run-through of exercises.
measurements fucking suck.
oh well.
it'll be fun to watch myself improve.
he's also giving me a nutrition plan...
blech.
i don't get to eat anything good anymore,
but at least I have someone to blame.
oh yeah, and I didn't even have sex with the trainer.
I know!
see, I probably would have,
but my husband mentioned that maybe I shouldn't.
which was a good thing, because I'm pretty sure our wedding vows said something along the lines of,
"from this day forward, you can only have sex with each other. period."
and that's a pretty vague statement--
very open to interpretation, really.
silly husband.

so anywho.
that's why I didn't post this morning.
oh, I guess there's a third reason--
the fact that I drank so much coffee that I couldn't stay out of the bathroom.
and not in a good way.
(Lisa, what the fucking hell are you talking about??)

ok.
so.
I have some new links to add,
so I better get on that,
before I forget.
It takes FOREVER for me to update my template, so I don't do it very often.
why does it take forever?
because my blog is ginormously big-ish, and it republishes the whole thing in order to update the template.
that's why.
so thanks for asking.

I think it would fucking rock
if
I could slice a little whole in the fabric of time,
and make a little loop of some kind.
I would be able to live an extra month anytime I wanted--
I would spend one month married to each of you,
just for kicks.
yes, even you ladies, hubba-hubba!
what a fucking great book THAT would make, eh???
the autobiography of that shit???
yessirree, bob, that'd go down like liquid gold.
er something.
anyway, it would be fun.
I know that sounds like pure silliness,
but there's this part of me that believes it should be like that.
we should be allowed unlimited chances to get it right.
we should be given choices, in the middle of our normal lives,
chances to go live in dreamland for a bit,
before coming home.
because home is always the best place to be--
that's the definition of home.
but home always feels a lot better after a sabatical.
and the world always looks a little more sparkly after a rain.

I stood in the parking lot of (god damn) wal-mart the other night.
just before sunset.
as the blue sky pushed its way through bank upon bank of heavy, dark rain-clouds.
holding hte hands of my two little angels(-in-wolves-clothing),
and basked in a smudgy, full rainbow.
it was a little diminished in its beauty,
because it appeared to be yet another product of Wal-Mart--
or an ad campaign--
so perfectly centered it was, over that building.
but I am good at seeing what I want to see.
so all I saw was the ribbon of colors,
and, glancing over my shoulder,
I saw the sun setting, giving us this moment, as its last "fuck you" to the rain clouds.
"cover me all day, will ya? ok, then. FINE! have a rainbow, bitches."
yeah.
i bet the sun has attitude.
wouldn't you?

No comments: