Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Thank God I'm a country girl

or.
at least, thank god for construction workers.
I think it's funny that they are notorious for ogling women, catcalling, etc.
because
everytime I drive by some road construction,
or landscapers,
or building construction...
my heart races,
my foot slips off the accelerator
("exhilarator" if you're my dad...)
and my jaw drops.
Must.
have.
hot
sweaty
shirtless
men.
pant pant, drool...
it literally takes all my strength just to refrain from shouting a series of--
"hey baby"s and "you any good with that jackhammer, honey?"s
or worse, to actually stop the car and throw myself in the path of a steam roller...
so I drove past a particularly lovely panorama today,
and immediately picked up my phone.
here's what followed:
Becky: Hello
Lisa: ohmigod...pant pant
Becky: uh...what's up?
Lisa: um. um. ok. um.
Becky: (laughing at me)
Lisa: Um. next time we're...omigod...next time we're hanging out, and we don't have our kids, and it's daytime?
Becky: Yes...? (her voice reflecting the knowledge that this could only go well)
Lisa: Um...we have to cruise for construction sites, and scream obsenities at the workers--like, really nasty things we would do to them, ok?
Becky: hell yes!
so, now we're laughing, and my mind has cleared a little,
and we're jokingly planning it.
**fast forward to a couple of hours later.**
in the car again,
Oliver says: Mom? who were you talking to earlier?
Mom: Becky
Oliver: why did you want to drive past instruction workers and yell at them?
Mom: Ugh.....CRAP.
many minutes were spent fibbing explaining that it was a joke.
egads.
I guess I better watch what I say in front of them, eh?
Which means I should probably stop taking calls for my phone sex line while they're around.
crimp my style!!

oh, and further proof that my kids are wacko:
he requested to sleep in the coat closet.
all night.
???

Crazy kid! Posted by Hello

oh, and I finally got all my new CDs onto my damn I(mposter)pod--
left them as .wma's
cuz I can.
and it takes waaaay too much effort to convert to mp3
way
too
much.
got it?
good.
Velvet Revolver.
I am entirely pissed that I didn't find out that I love them until the day after they played here.
heard it was a great show, too.
so, the problem with the whole upload thing was this:
I am a moron.
yes, yes, thank you very much, thank you--
ok, so not entirely a moron.
but the software that I downloaded wasn't working.
and I think it wasn't my fault.
I went to the manufacturer's site,
and downloaded the correct software, and drivers.
but my husband has magic fingers
(in many, many ways...ahem, tangent!)
and he also posesses, uh what's that thing called?
oh yeah.
A BRAIN.
so that was useful, too.

so last night my brother brought his tractor up and tilled our entire backyard.
dragged the dirt around a bit, too, levelling things out.
see, the former owners didn't really do anything to their yard.
the front was planted when they bought the house, so it just needs a minimal amount of weed killer and fertilizer, maybe an aeration, and hubby'll have it sparkling.
but the back was pure weeds.
and we will be putting the sprinklers next week,
and a fence within the month--I hope.
do you know how usefull a fence will be for my peace of mind???
the front door has a deadbolt.
the door into the garage has a deadbolt.
but the backdoor is very easy for my kids to open.
they take full advantage of that.
they don't ever leave the yard, but I still hate them wandering around like that without being required to ask me to go out--
ya know?
the little sneaks.
sooooooooooooooooo........
with a fence, they will have free reign of the backyard, nice and safe.
yeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaw!!!!
hopefully I'll have my laptop soon, and I can sit out there and get tan and blog.
together.
oh, sweet summer!
ok.
time to go back to bed.

No comments: