Friday, May 06, 2005

Coolest thing just happened

I got a phone call from a woman who was in foster care,
as a teenager--
lived with us for several years.
I was 4 when she moved in, so she was a big part of my childhood memories.
Haven't seen her since I was 10 or so, I think.
she's been keeping in touch with my mom over the years,
but still.
it was VERY cool.
she sounds happy and grown up...
she was quite a wild thing back in the day.
and now her baby, the one she had a couple of years after she moved out of our house, and then moved back in with us for a few months with him just because she had nowhere to go--
that baby is graduating high school.
whoa.
we swapped email addresses, so we can send pictures, etc.
it was just frickin awesome.
such cheer!
broke my inexplicable sour mood, anyway.
I think she thinks I'm still Mormon...
snort.
guffaw!
I better break it to her gently.
oh yeah, she got placed with us because when they asked for a religioius preference she circled "mormon" because she had a crush on Donnie Osmond!!!
whcih reminds me...
I was asking the head cleaning lady yesterday why she wasn't home celebrating Cinco de Mayo--
she was expressing her disinterest,
and noted that "Marie Osmond's husband asked me the same thing."
am I a total geek because I think it ROCKS that the same people clean MY house,
as hers???
well, fuck you--
I think it's cool.

and if this post bored you, you can lick me.
or, you can read the one below, or at least check out the picture...
have a non-shitty weekend.
please.

No comments: