Saturday, May 14, 2005

I am so tired I can't even sneeze

but it feels great.
spent most of the day in the sun--
moving boxes from a storage unit to a trailer,
trailer to house.
for the mom-in-law.
(the woman of 10,000 useless items)
I even had the rare and beautiful opportunity to offer the youngest of her 6 sons a bit of wisdom...
he's 20, and was really lucky to miss out on all the years of multi-facted abuse and general hardship.
but he is far less prepared for life in the real world than his brothers,
who are battle-scarred, tough as nails, and work like their lives depend on it.
I went on to tell him that the reason my blonde haired blue eyed darling of a husband is so hard on him, is that he wants to see better from him.
"but i'm only 20"
yeah...
so it's time to grow up.
he's a good kid.
dumb as a box of rocks sometimes,
but he has potential.
I'll not get into the matter of his "band"...
we went to a gig once, to be supportive...
and.
well.
he had prepped us, by bragging that they didn't have any songs.
that writing songs means you're a sellout.
um.
OKAY.
anywho.
I like him.

so now, here I sit.
feeling much less like a Tijuana hooker at day break,
than I did before my shower.
(dirty, tired, and sore)
god DAMN I moved some shit today.
I bet I burned a million and a half calories--
easy.
which is good.
and I got a sunburn--
even better.
and tomorrow?
I get to go rollerblading with J.
and have a bit of a day off.
whilst hubby and his tallest brother lay the sprinklers.


also, there was one point today when I drank some water,
and I distinctly tasted moth balls in my mouth.
also, there was more than one box full of...
scraps of paper.
one box marked "pieces of string too small to use".
at least 50 boxes of empty mason jars
and 50, 5lb buckets of wheat, dated 1972 & 1973.......
yeah.
this woman is the queen of useless stuff.
it's a wealth of humor, though, and we all made good use of that.
she took it pretty welll, for the most part...

I am strongly considering taking the week off from posting.
just to clear my head,
get a fresh persepctive--
gain some god
damned
mother
fucking
momentum.
or at least accumulate some shit to write about that is no less than 6% more hearty than the usual fare.
(lately.)
I am having serious bouts of mania and depression,
so I could do with a little less self-analysis...

besides, I have books to read,
just piling up on me!!
It's finally feeling like spring around here
(at least for today)
and that's got me thinking of restructuring my life.
mainly, so that it doesn't revolve (eliptically, in 24 hour increments)
around blogging...

not.
healthy.

No comments: