Monday, May 09, 2005

It's a beautiful day--

the tanks is clean, the sun is shining.
sorry, little bit of a Nemo flashback.

I had a fabulous Mother's Day,
and I hope the rest of you did as well.
hubby made me breakfast, and brought it to me in bed,
with a huge vase of roses.
waffles from scratch in our new waffle-maker.
and a couple of beautiful cards--
one from him, one from the kidlets.
who, by the way, made me these adorable heartshaped necklaces wtih their pictures in them, at school--
but refused to give them to me.
greedy little bastards.
anywho, he also gave me a chunk of cash, to go clothes shopping with,
and some news about summer travel.
like...
our trip to Maine is probably back on,
AND he lined up a weekend babysitter for my birthday
so we can go away.
yeeeeee
fuckin'
haaaaaaaaw!!!!!
then he proceeded to fuck me like a man with only one day left to live,
so...
when his buddy called to see if he could golf,
I was disinclined to say no.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning and sulking--
I'm rather good at sulking.
and I couldn't call my Mom because she was at her sister's in Californina,
and I hadn't thought to get the number beforehand.
she even called ME, and I managed to miss the call.
that was disappointing.
after all, she is the world's greatest mother.
which just proves that even with a perfect example,
I'm still able to fuck up.
special kind of talent, that is.

I am groggy, rather foggy.
I think I should have breakfast.
or coffee.
or both.
but not cookies.
I should almost certainly delete this post and start over.
but I guess sometimes there are mundane details that just can't be left out.
this is a journal, after all.

I'll be back with shimmering and whispery words,
shortly.
or maybe spikey and tickly words.
remind me to research turtles/tortoises as pets--
which one's easier to care for, etc.

No comments: