Monday, May 09, 2005

My head is full of chicken-flavored cotton candy

it's rather uncomfortable...

so anyway.
I promised a better post, didn't I?
well.
I am sure you know me by now--
that's not a promise I should have made.
usually, just making such a promise negates the possibility of keeping it.
I have a feeling that today might be different.
could be Joss Stone doing her Janis Joplin thang,
sound waves wrapping around me like a warm wind in the humidity of a tropical night.
or maybe it's just a coincidence.

I just did a little turtle/tortoise research.
sounds like waaaay too much work.
but have you seen hatchlings????
they're the size of a fucking quarter!
how cute would that be?
I need a pet that my kids can love,
and play with, but one without hair.
snakes are so far out of the question that I can't even see that word on this page,
and a lizard/gecko might be ok, but...a little too snake-like for this squeamish girl.
I know turtles are reptiles
(oh my beautiful liar
oh my precious whore
)
but the shell sorta breaks up the whole slithery creep-out factor.
anywho.
a bird might also be fun--
although mr. husband is probably allergic to those, too.
all I know is, these little scrappers of mine need to learn to nurture,
and I am NOT having another baby just so they can have a softer side of Sears.
fuck that.

so, here's a study in "how weird is Lisa?"
a few of the kids' letter magnets ended up on the fridge.
a strange assortment of letters,
resulting in only one possible word--


any other suggestions?? Posted by Hello

I am equally torn between having that word smiling out at my kitchen,
and having an incoherant babble of letters...
so, after I took that picture, I looked for more letters.
I could only find one more, but it's an improvement.


better... Posted by Hello


so, I'll ask again, "How weird is Lisa?"
no need to answer.
I'm pretty sure my assessment is on the money--
beautifully fucking weird,
in a checkerboard pattern of goofy paisley and spazzy plaid.
inside out, upside down and backwards--
feels just about
right.
yeah....

but at least I have a nice view...


doot doot doot, lookin out my bathroom window Posted by Hello

Happy Monday, ya sweet lil fuckers--

No comments: