Friday, April 01, 2005

DAMMMIT

I am sooo disappointed that I missed out on all the April Foolery.
I have been so busy today that I didn't get a post up, with some outrageous-but-believable lie.

I was thinking about announcing a pregnancy,
but then Maine had to go and use that one.
ok, so maybe his was true, but still.
AND THEN, I stupidly went and read yet another blog before posting this,
so the whole "I give up" lie was taken.
he's a huge ass, by the way--
got me GOOD, in private as well as on his blog.
I'm such a fucking sucker.
(but at least I'm good at it...)
and he's not really an ass,
he's a good friend and a great writer.
but still.

jeeez.
While I was out shopping and running the kids to and from school,
and hitting the gym, and buying tickets to tonight's show,
y'all had to go and steal all the fun ones.
selfish fuckers.

so, fine.
you win.
I lose.

but how about, if my husband asks about the shopping,
you tell him it was an April Fool?
nah, I was a good girl.
I got the most lovely little shirty thing, for tonight.
although, it is silk, and i'll be in a sweaty smokey club...
so maybe not.
and some gorgeous little shoes,
and some comfortable but very nice linen pants.
yum.
see how I'm doing this?
no dessert = more shopping.
a simply fabulous trade off, in my opinion.

Anyone who hasn't yet wished Kat a super duper happy birthday, better get over there and do so.
the nude portrait might even still be up....
Also, for the record, I'm officially in denial of Jason's impending departure.
it's easier than mourning.

happy April, everyone!!

No comments: