Monday, April 04, 2005

Mondays are not for sissies--

and if you've been reading long enough,
and have a better memory than is humanly possible,
you may recall a similar yet contradictory title last year sometime.
if so, shut it.
thank you.

it's raining.
I just had cake and roast beef for breakfast.
I am trying not to be sad.
or worried.
or angry--impatient.
but I feel cold and alone.
I feel like I'm standing on top of a hill,
with sharp winds whipping around me,
dressed for a summer day.

I can't really think of anything else, right now.
Just the empty space in my day.

the family dinner went really well last night--
flowers on the tables,
painstakingly prepared german chocolate cake (fromscratch),
creamy, luscioius potatoes,
tender, flavorful meat,
and for the first time--
plenty of room for all 20 of us.
I have 2 brothers who live here, in Utah,
and we get together on the sunday closest to each person's birthday for a dinner.
I absolutely love these dinners.
we tried to plan activities for my parents' visit, but didn't get very far.
probably Moab, maybe a musical.
everyone was amazed at our new house--
it's a huge change.
felt good to show it to them.

um.

I guess I should go shower.
then it's off to pick up the kids,
and off to the gym.
and then.
back here.
to sit.
and stare at the screen.
waiting
wondering
wishing
wah-ing.
heh.

I am distracted.
and I wish the Kenny Wayne Sheppard site wasn't down.
and I wish I could find my software, so I could get that CD onto my i(mposter)pod.
and I wish I would quit whining and go shower.
wish granted.

happy day, kids--

No comments: