Monday, July 19, 2004

oh the beautiful harmony of the garbage truck and the disney channel

what??
speak up, sonny!
i can't friggin hear ya!
(see title)
 
once upon a time...
i was normal.
and naive.
and naked.
and nature-loving.
and nihlistic.
and naughty.
and nervous.
and neighborly.
and not sure where i'm going with this.
 
i really was normal once...
and i've begun to wonder if that was a dream or this is.
oh, i'm not that far from normal--don't go alerting the press or having me committed.
it's just that my memory is shot and i am never alone and i feel different than i did ten years ago.
(seriously, i do--you should touch me and see for yourself)
but what does it all matter?
i'm going on vacation next week.
that's right--
i may be the only housewife alive whose benefits package includes a ten day paid vacation.
as in...
no kids.
hallelujah, praise the gods and goddesses--or at least that demi-god Achilles, well, brad pitt in Troy...
 
speaking of beautifully crafted males.
we saw I, Robot last night.
Will Smith has been WORKING OUT.
day-um.
his pecs were probably as big as my non-pecs in the same region, if you ya catch my drift.
it's possible that i'm drooling right now.
but you'll never know!!!
ha.
anyway, i liked the movie.
it wasn't mind-blowingly great, but it was worth a movie ticket.
(and should i realllly mention "blowing" in a movie theater discussion without elaborating?)
 
i'm going to go to work today.
so i probably better get my ass in gear.
make breakfast.
take a shower.
pick up the babysitter.
and PLEASE would you guys help me to remember to pick up my damned thyroid pills?
i will forget, so don't beat yourselves up over it.
just make sure and laugh fairly loudly when i admit that i forgot anyway.
 

No comments: