Thursday, July 08, 2004

if you could tell me what day it is, that would be swell

...cuz i have NO IDEA.
it sorta feels like tuesday-wednesday-thursday-saturday...
but if i think really hard i could probably figure it out...
it's probably thursday?
yeah, it is.
cool.

aw.
i just remembered the sweetest little dream last night about my Dad.
apparently my subconcious still isn't over the fact that we weren't close when i was a kid.
bah.
deal with it, you friggin wuss.
serioiusly--my subconcious is a whiney little bitch.
i wish it would just grow up.
it was a nice little dream though.
lots of rowing in boats and laughing and hugging.

am i the first--no wait--LAST person to see "Matchstick Men"?
that was the best movie i've seen in a long time.
loved it.

um....
gosh this is awkward.
i feel like i'm on a blind date or something.
just sitting at the restaurant--i'm picturing a booth, great ambience, low lighting.
...but i'm playing with a stack of coasters, feeling the silence stretch out around me.
YOU haven't said anything either.
in fact, you went so long without adding to the conversation that i began talking faster, rambling.
my face is considering turning red.
just then, an Elvis record drops into place inside the jukebox.
we both breathe a sigh of relief.
you smile and ask me to dance.
when you take my hand i forget my need to fill the air with words.


so...
maybe i should stop attempting to fill this space with words right now?
nah.
when have i EVER been able to do such a thing???
i am wrapped up in the need to expell every last drop of rambling monologue from my head.
driven by it.

eh.
whatever.
so, today i work.
and maybe i'll actually work today.
we took an hour lunch.
--and OH MY GOD.
it was one of those "everything's fresh made in front of you" mexican places.
my mouth was literally watering as i watched them prepare my burrito.
in fact, it was huge and i had half left, which is in the fridge at work.
and my mouth is officially watering again.
and i have to go.
to the office.
NOW.

ciao.

No comments: