Tuesday, April 20, 2004

...well we all shine on

like the moon and the stars and the sun...
which probably means we should dig out that compact, dab on a little powder.
or something.

all that crap about the glory of rain?
i'm done.
this is day 3.
i am a spoiled desert-dweller now, who prefers her skies blue.
fickle?
why yes i am, and thanks for asking.

so here's what i'm wondering:
how in the world am i going to get my hair to not be purple anymore?
yeah.
it's purple.
fucking purple.
that was not exactly what i had in mind.
and i don't look very closesly at myself a lot of the time, for as much as i play the narcissist....
i didn't really notice it was purple until yesterday.
had it dyed on saturday.
and no, there wasn't even any alcohol consumption on which to blame my lack of observationalisitcal skills.
dammit.
but i do love making up words.
oh well.
i guess i'll just stay out of direct sunlight, so my hair will just look black-ish.
purple.
god DAMN but i didn't want purple hair.
it's that stupid burgandy color.
and not only that, but it's like straw--dry and straight.
fuck fuck fuck.
so much for going with a new person to do my color.
i should have known not to trust her--chirpy little utah girl.

but at least my abs and obliques are so sore i can hardly stand it.
that makes me glow with joy.
i killed those fuckers yesterday.
aw, crap--i think i just used my entire day's supply of "fuck".
sorry...i just love that word so very much.
like, way more than i love you, or you--but less than i love you.
don't you love such vagueness?
and of course, the best part is that i'm not really talking about anyone.
yeah, i'm a dork.

so here's how you know you've been spending too much time glued to your computer:
(if you're me, at least)
1. your shoulders ache from the strange angle of the chair being a little too low--or high?
2. your ass is literally talking to you--and not in some gassy way, i'm talking real words here--begging for mercy
3. you have pulled your kids' wagon under the table for a foot rest and get really snippy if they try to play with it.
4. this isn't a very long list, but it sure is hellish

i want to kick myself in the neck for this.
see, we put computers in my kids' playroom, for them.
so of course, i unhooked my laptop from its docking station and 21 inch monitor....
and now get to choose between perching it on my lap on the couch in here--
or sitting at their craft table in this stupid fucking (oops) metal chair.
but since they're in here most of the time, it just makes sense.

i guess i'll just have to start blowing visiting a chiropractor.
or...i could bring one of those uber-comfy office chairs down.
you've probably heard me bitch about that before.
now, i admit to being somewhat lazy and a bit of a procrastinator (yes these are gross understatements)...
but the thing is, this chair weights like 400 pounds and is as awkward to hold as a baby porcupine.
and no, i'm not exaggerating.
puh-leez.
like i would do that.

so today will probably be a busy day for me.
i have my nephew here, who we call "the triplet" because he's only a month older than my twins.
and his 7 year old brother ended up coming, too since he was puking all night and couldn't go to school.
my brother & his wife are in mexico lying on the beach for the whole week.
and good for them!
they have 6 kids so a vacation alone is a rare and beautiful thing.

anyway.
have a seriously fanastic day.
or a fantastically serious day.
nah, go with the first one.

No comments: