Saturday, March 12, 2005

I was going to write a post...

but as the demands for playing "Go Fish" or reading "Curious George" mount ....
so does my frustration at the fading ability to write coherantly.
faaack.
it's 8:30 in the morning--do I really HAVE to be a mother already???
I thought that started at 10...

ok. i'll indulge the little sweetsie pies.
back in a bit.

9:30 (I'm back)
what a gorgeous day it is!!
does that mean I should go...outside?
hm.
don't know about that.
still suffering from pollen-induced lethargy.
and maybe that's what's wrong with my kids, too.
either that or the 6 boxes of Girl Scout cookies they've nearly polished off since last night...
hm...
which could it be?
well, they're ornery as HELL and not terribly drowsy, so i guess it's the cookies.
hey, it's self-preservation, ok??
if I don't let them binge on the cookies, then I WILL.
ok, I already have, but I will continue the binge-fest for much longer.
sorry for the diabetes, kids, mommy has to look pretty!
jesus.
I suck.
(hm...depending on how that is read, it could sound like some kind of confession/prayer/invitation...)

my mind is empty.
I'm furitively sweeping up all the last remaining scraps of intelligent thought,
but it's not amounting to much...
just a dusty little heap on the cold floor inside my skull.
I'm probably trying too hard.
or I'm just awake when I don't want to be.
and I still have a busy day ahead.
I would like to learn to salsa.
no, not to MAKE salsa, that's easy enough.
the dance.
I am really going to fall asleep sitting here, though, so maybe I'll just crawl up the stairs...and into my cozy bed.
i'm smiling now, thinking of my bed.
i love my bed.
hell, I love ANY bed.
and no, that doesn't make me a slut.
just a sleep slut, maybe.
I'll sleep anywhere--but not WITH anyone, so that's where the difference comes in.

things are falling apart around me faster than a straw hut in an earthquake,
so I guess I better go.

happy weekend.
if they don't nap soon, I'm going to go knocking doors until I find someone willing to babysit.

No comments: