Monday, March 21, 2005

floating thickly through this day...

I am fighting to keep my well-rested eyes open.
I am refusing to leave this computer--
having read everyone's blogs,
but having no ability to comment.
I open each comment box...
then sit and stare.
haltingly, I type a few words, then sigh and delete.
maybe apple pie for breakfast is bad.
maybe being on antibiotics makes me sleepy.
maybe it's post-vacation-blues--
that feel the same as pre-vacation-blues.
I want to quit this job.
and lay in bed all day with my husband and no responsibilites.
today, I don't want to cook.
I don't want to clean.
I don't want to sort or fold or iron laundry.
I don't want to pick up the dozens and dozens of toys my kids just dumped out of their toybox.
Hell, I don't even want to shower.
they're "taking a nap."
apparently they're tired enough to be bitchy,
but not tired enough to sleep.
I am lucky enough to be both.

I don't even have the will to post my gorgeous photos.
my inbox is overflowing, and I haven't the ambition to take care of it.
I keep logging in to chat clients, seeing people I would like to talk to, and signing back out.

if this is the whiniest post you've read all day, you should win some sort of prize.
i was just hoping it would relieve my lethargy, my ennui.
but it hasn't.
of course...
I can't write "ennui" without thinking of Boz,
and that's always good for a smile.

my kids told my husband I was "growing a baby" when they called him at work, earlier.
he asked to speak to me.
I assured the poor (fixed) fella that they were talking about a show they had just watched.
one of the cartoon kids was getting a new baby brother/sister/I think it turned out to be twins, but that might just be my own life merging with tv in a psychedelic dream...

dreams
dreamy
dreamt
dreamer
dreaming
dreamweaver

I'm gonna hurl.
later.

No comments: