Thursday, November 27, 2003

Gobble gobble


how odd that the term we use to imitate a turkey is the same thing we do all day on the turkey holiday.

and i did.

eat so much it hurt to laugh...which we couldn't stop doing.

it was a great day.

my two oldest nieces are 16 and 18 so we have fun, and my kids were mostly well behaved...

and i won't even gripe about my husband sleeping on the couch pretending to watch football...and when i asked if he wanted some pie he said no. so after we put it all away, in two separate fridges on two separate floors of the house...he decided he was ready for some. grrr. did i say i wouldn't gripe about it? oops.

hope you all had similarly enjoyable days/meals....

i dreamed about a cell phone ad last night.

sad but true.

so...we're considering a venture up the mountains to go skiing next week. The Mr. used to be a really good snowboarder, but he hasn't done it much in the past 5 or 6 years...so he'll probably ski with me. and me...well, i've attempted to ski on two other occassions...i loved it, but last time i nearly killed myself....i lost control and picked up too much speed and ended up hurtling down the hill, arms flying, screaming "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" at the top of my lungs and "i'm going to die"....fortunately i was right under a lift and some kind (but surely laughing) folks instructed me to sit down. which i did, skidding to a stop just inches from a tree (okay, like ten yards, but still). then my niece caught up to me and helped me find my ski which we couldn't figure out how to attatch (how the fuck do you spell that?) my ski back on to my boot. we laughed so hard. but i'm a bit gun shy. maybe i'll take a lesson...

anyway, hope you're all as fat and happy as i am.

No comments: