Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Is there a mute button on my kids?

are you sure?
I mean...there HAS to be!!!!
they don't stop.
they just plain don't stop talking.
if it's not one, it's the other--
or, quite often, BOTH.
I'm starting to realize this lately.
and it exhausts me.
but at least they're entertaining.
and not couch potatoes.
and.

I had a reason for writing a post, and this was not it.

okay, I just distracted them with The Koala Brothers...
BITE ME.
it was either that or valium.
(for me or them?? dunno. don't have any.)
I do talk about it a lot, though, don't I?
it's like I have this fixation...
nah, it's just my favorite stereotype--
at least I'm not like that one chick who used to be on Sports Night,
on Desperate Housewives, who was addicted to her kid's ADD medication.
THAT, my friends, is a fucking awesome show.
I'll make no excuses, nor feel any shame.
LOVE IT.

so anyway.
new house = ours
old house = ours (to rent)
moving day = Saturday...maybe.
I have 812 phone calls to make today.
and, if I have time, I'm supposed to start packing non-essentials.
so here comes the fun part!!
I'll probably be sparse this week, which won't be fun for me,
and if we don't get our internet hooked up at the new house in a timely fashion, I may resort to violence.
oooh--audio posts!
don't let me forget about audio posts.
if i am internet-less, i can still audio post.

I am a GOD DAMNED CHILD MAGNET.
I am going to lose my mind if the kids don't remember that our house is bigger than the 2 square feet surrounding me.
they're like wild animals--they sense my stress levels are elevated.
so they swarm.

I think, based on all this, that I will have a really fantastic workout today.

and.
just for the record--
I'M TOTALLY FUCKING EXCITED about my new house!!!!
I love it.
it's pretty.
it's big.
it's not as saturated by mormon neighbors.
it's MIIIIIIIIIIIINE.
(yes, this one was mine, too...i just didn't like it that much)
and it's a good thing this all is happening right now,
because the way my stress levels were going,
I was teetering on the edge of a monster shopping spree
(which would have felt so damn good, by the way)
as a way to deal.
better than eating, right?
heeeee!
I'm such a loser.

so.
let's repeat this together--
I am tough, and independent and in control.
call me Mistress Lisa, dammit!
on your knees!
uh.
what??
ahem.
please bear with me...
the next week or so may be rather painful--
I will try to lower my stress by having lots of sex,
and maybe I'll even write about it.
(and when I say "try", I mean, I'll try to find the energy)

blah.
maybe I'll find some guest posters to keep my seat warm--
but, knowing me, i'll have so much to say that i'll figure out a way to say it whether I have time or not...
I'll bore you all to tears, too--
so at least there's THAT to look forward to...
a good cry feels good, COME ON!!
work with me, kids.

crazy mary, out.

No comments: