Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Is that the Mormon Tabernacle choir in your pants???

or are you just happy to see me?
hey, don't look at me like that--
I heard the hallelujah chorus, ok??
sure, sure.
I don't know how to spell "hallelujah", but who does?
I mean really.
the point is, I heard it--
although it's probably just a sensory misfiring of some kind,
based on the fact that I am so excited to be back in the saddle of cable modem land.
I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!
ja miss me?
oh come on, just pretend you did.
to me, it feels like it's been a month.
a happy, wonderful, ecstaticly busy month.

Last night I considered, for a moment, the possibility of retirement.
from blogging.
but then my meds kicked in and I realized that was CrAZy talk.
I couldn't live without this.

anyway.
I'm sort of exhausted and I can't decide if it's good or bad timing that our snowmobiling weekend is TOMORROW.
...I could really use a few more days to continue unpacking and nesting--
I'm afraid I'll lose focus if I go relax for 3 days...
oh well.
it's going to be great.

so, we've learned through the years,
that mcdonald's frozen french fries come in boxes that are a great size for packing when you move.
so, I called a couple of stores in the area to see if I could pick up their empty boxes.
"do you have any fry boxes i could have?"
"sure, how many do you need?"
"as many as you have."
"okay."
so....
I showed up and identified myself.
dude goes to the back and comes up carrying ONE box.
I start to wonder if there are more inside it or something...
he puts it on the counter and pulls back the flaps--
"Will this be enough?"
two sleeves of big,red FRY boxes--
Value Meal, anyone?
I guess I should have mentioned I was moving...
those did come in handy for packing my underwear, though.
one pair neatly folded into each box. heh.

here's something i've learned lately:
sarcastic parents = sarcastic kids.
I need to work on that.

also, just another observation:
watching Dodgeball while running on a treadmill is extremely dangerous.
I ALMOST FELL OFF THREE TIMES!
hey, if you can dodge wrenches you can dodge balls!
of course, there's also the irony of it--
globo gym/gold's gym.
I wonder if all those meatheads know Stiller's making fun of THEM.

anyway, I'm glad to be back.
even if it is just in time for me to go away for a long weekend.
I imagine that by next week I'll be back in a more regularly scheduled manner.

and I still feel a little off kilter--
don't have my head in the game, so to speak.

...but have i mentioned how much i love my new house?
heh.
it's really weird to be living an hour away from the only home I've had since high school.
an hour isn't far...
but I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the changes.
I've always been very dependent on habits and routines,
so change is hard for me, in that sense.
I'm bursting with joy, so it balances out ok, I guess.
and I'll find a new routine soon.

much to do today.
snuggles and eskimo kisses to you all--

No comments: