Wednesday, February 09, 2005

I'm just trying to get my balance...

still feeling a little out of focus, ya know?
so...
bear with me for a moment while i sort my thoughts.
I'm exausted.
it's a good kind, but i'm still fucking worn out.
mostly because i'm not used to lugging boxes all day every day.
yes, we hired movers.
we had them leave most of our boxes in the garage so that we could unpack at our leisure (pronounce it leh-jher, cuz it's more fun)...
only problem is, it's not very leisurely to carry boxes in from the garage all day.
i'm whining.
go look at my tits if you don't like it.
also, i thought i was getting checked out today while i was driving home from the old house (where I filled 5 garbage bags and two boxes with TRASH)--
but I wasn't.
it was the fridge magnet alphabet my kids had stuck to the side of my car.
the passenger's side.
i saw it when i buckled the kid on that side, but i was going to remove them after i buckled the other dude.
obviously i forgot.
bleh.
i also forgot to take my phone with me so that was annoying.
i did, however, get hit on at "the walmart" last night, I believe.
I could be wrong, as it's been nearly a decade, but I got the feeling.
Of course, I couldn't take it too seriously since it was a guy complimenting me on my alcoholic beverage choice--
which just happened to be a low-carb pink colored malt beverage--
smirnoff ice or bacardi silver or something.
on second thought, it takes a man who is very comfortable with his masculinity to admit he drinks pink stuff.
anywho.
I may be losing my mind...
there was a red Forerunner behind me all the way from utah county to my exit,
and I had this little story going in my head--
all about how he was a contract killer, following me.
but not in a scary way.
i mean, it was a fun little story.
...and THIS is why I think i'm losing my mind.
what is FUN about a contract killer???
I mean, besides bruce willis in the whole nine (and ten) yards?
not much, I tell ya.
but I was imagining that he would pull into my driveway behind me,
and I would get out of the car and smile at him, thinking he was flirting.
he would pull out a gun and my expression would change to reflect this new knowlege.
it was pretty cool, in my head.
but then my guts would get splattered all over the front of my pretty new house,
and we can't have that.
luckily, he took the interchange instead of the offramp, so i got away.
this time.

ok.
so.....
venting.
um.
I was thinking, while i was driving...
something about how i feel empty of words right now.
and so out of sync with this little baby blog of mine.
okay, it's no baby...
it's all grown up, in blog years.
snort.

and I reallllly need some help picking out furniture.
we have this fantastic catalog, from a friend of ours who is a distributor,
so we're getting a whole bunch of stuff.
only problem is...
i am realizing i have little to no experience with decorating a house.
i want to order TODAY so it'll be here next week, so i can start inviting people over to show off to see the new place..
but I am balking.
I need to be certain.
yes, I know...
it's a rough life.
Becky accused me of being pampered last night,
and i'm quite offended.
when i have weekly appointments at a day spa,
THEN she can call me pampered.
when I drive something newer than ten years old,
(the trooper)
or NOT a ford (the taurus).
then she can call me pampered.
...for reference, that'll be sometime this summer.
heh.

okay, i'm off--like a prom dress!

No comments: