Monday, February 07, 2005

Missing, Presumed Having A Good Time

Writing a guest post is like walking across a floor littered with light bulbs.

It's a different dynamic than I'm used to, my readers are more accustomed to sporadic bursts of lucidity amongst incoherent babble (turd soup with marshmallow croutons, as momma used to say) than..

..oh wait..

Lemme introduce myself.

I'm Chaz (say “Hi, Chaz!!”).

I'm a nasty, obnoxious, Harley-riding, tattoo-sporting, self-confessed-really-funny-bastard. At least, that's what I wrote on my last parole application.

Anyway. What shall we do with a Monday and a clean sheet..?

Moaning Monday..?

Not likely. Not my bag, baby.

Instead, I wanna talk about you. Yeah, YOU. The 'YOU' Uncle Sam was pointing at from the poster. Which btw, leads me to ask why he now calls himself 'The Colonel' and sells chicken..?

Oh dear, there go a few bulbs...

Tread softly, Chaz-ole-boy.

OK, we'll not talk about that wart on the end of your nose, but about the readership in general. I said to Lisa a while back, that you can get a feel for a blog by its comments. That's not a judgement, nor does a lack of comments indicate anything other than lack of exposure; it's an observation about communities. Like tends to attract like, and often reading the contents of the comment box can give a greater 'overall' feel about the type of blog it is, than the post itself. Posts change from day-to-day, mood-to-mood, the community does not.

Occasionally, you get some daft arse who reads this blog for the first time and makes instant judgement on its writer. Invariably, they're way off the mark; just because somebody chooses to post fantasies, it doesn't mean they're either available or desperate. Like I said, 'daft arse' (no, not you wart nose). Unfortunately for said individual, my views tend to lead me to feel the tiniest bit insulted by said comments. I'm part of the community here, you judge or label it, you are judging or labelling me. Don't blame me for verbally kicking some sense into you.

Maybe you agree with me, maybe you don't... frankly, I'd tread on every damn light bulb I could find before I got bothered about people's perceptions of me.

And there it is - guest post or drivel – I'm done, and I'm outta here.

GRIN

No comments: