Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas!!

I don't want to jinx myself...
but so far, this is shaping up to be one of the best Christmases since childhood.

I burned the hell out of my hand, while making Christmas cookies the other day.

I am shocked at how little I have to do today...
I think I'll make clam chowder, and blueberry pie.
Maybe some homemade rolls or bread.
That'll be a luuurvly dinner.
I'm almost not homesick.
My mom is preparing for their huge Christmas Eve party...
with my cousins and aunts and uncles, just like when I was a kid.
I miss holidays at home, but not as much as I used to.
It's such a strange time, those transition years between old traditions and the smooshiness of new ones--
not yet solid, not yet traditions at all, just trying things out.
Seeing what fits.
It's a good life.
I think I'll go shower, and do some cooking...
Maybe watch a movie.
I can hardly stand the anticipation--
I want to be santa, NOW.

I wonder why my right hand is a different color than my left hand.
It probably means I'm dying.

but mostly, I have nothing to say.
I am filled with joy and peace...

Truly, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day, whether it's a holiday for you or not.

No comments: