Monday, December 19, 2005

Happy Anniversary to my Blog

3 years ago today, I wrote my first post.
After checking my archives, I see that I didn't become a daily poster for another 2 or 3 months, and now I can't go a day without it.
I get the shakes if I try.
It's not pretty.
I had semi-planned to do something semi-exciting,
but alas.
It is not to be.
I made a calendar...
A Braless Tuesday calendar.
and the prototype isn't here yet, so I'm not unveiling it.
It looks good on the computer, but I don't want to take any chances.
If the pictures are grainy or distorted, I don't want to be pushing it.
I was going to do like a little contest or drawing or something to give away the first calendar, the one I should be getting in the next couple of days.
So, I'll probably still do that, but it won't be today.
I'm a little pouty over this, trust me.
There will be a matching book, too, but that's not ready yet.
More about that later.
The proceeds from all sales go to the Lisa's Tummy Tuck foundation--
a great cause to support, trust me.
Having kids really messes with some of our bodies (those of you without battle scars, keep it to yourselves!).

So.
Wooo hoo.
Happy 3 years of blogging, crazy girl.
Thanks, it's been fun.
What are your plans, now?
Oh, I'll probably blog for 3 more years, and then sink into a vast field of depression because I have neglected to devote my energy to an actual writing career...
Well wasn't that uplifting??
Crazy girl.

I hate pressure.
It really pisses me off.
Unless a laceration is involved, or David Bowie.
So, I'm feeling pressure today because it's a holiday.
According to the Braless Tuesday Calendar it is!!!
Ok, I'm freezing, and I just realized that I have to go to the store.
I was going to skip it, in favor of catching up on email and bloggy stuff--
maybe even finally adding the links of all my new favorites so that I won't forget to read them.
however.
I must not procrastinate further.
If I do, I'll just end up being forced to take my kids shopping and that's not something I'm willing to do.

Ok.
Maybe I'll write something later...
An ode to my bloggity blog, or something.

***Update 12:14 pm***

Ok, so now that I'm slightly less rushed,
and slightly more showered...
I realized I have just gone about this whole post WRONG.
What I would like to do is reminisce...
I have "met" some of the most amazing people through this experience,
and come to love them and admire them and stalk them...
well, ok, that last one only applies to one person, and she's dropped the restraining order...
at least that's what I heard.
ahem.
But truly, I have been so inspired by the blogs I read--
There are people whose words have filled my heart, my soul, and my back pocket.
They have made me laugh consistently, cry occasionally,
and take off my bra a lot more than necessary.
er.
No really, they did.
Not my fault.
Anyway, I would highlight some of my dearest friends, but I know that at least some of them don't really want the extra attention.
So, I'll say this:
read the blogs on my sidebar if you're interested in wonderful people.
No one remains unchanged during this process, and so neither have I.
My blog has evolved, my way of interacting with other bloggers has evolved,
and my writing itself has evolved.
Who the fuck invited Charles Darwin??
I once played his wife in a film my cousin made for her 5th grade project...

ok, have a balmy, calmy day.
and know that I love you, and often think about you when I touch my--
nose.
what???

No comments: