Thursday, October 07, 2004

i was going to post

but then i stumbled across something that made me change my mind--
change my mood...
so i'll just go to bed.
and dream dreams of an alternate universe.
where i can fly and i can breathe underwater, and sing like whitney--
and where i don't make selfish choices, ever.
where i don't hurt anyone.
where i only cry tears of joy.
i'm pretty sure this is a place where cookies are considered imperative to good health.
and there are beer faucets on every sink.
and being on time is considered rude.

i want to walk down the middle of the road--
right now.
in my pj's.
barefeet.
and i want to keep walking until i intercept the crushed spirit whose injuries match my own.
and i want to cradle this being and heal us both with the silken words i would whisper.
but they are secret words and i don't know them.

i want to be more than simply human.
i want to engulf the earth with my warmth and laugh at how much like a cardboard globe it looks from so far above.
i want to scoop up arm fulls of clouds...
i want to hold the stars in my hands, like glitter.

i want to fix it all.
let me mend what's broken.
let me kiss away the tears.
let me in....

goodnight, sweet ones.

No comments: