Sunday, October 03, 2004

examples # 432 and 433 that i am losing my mind...

at the wedding last night.
i said to my friend, "Oh, my kids called you this morning, i hope it didn't wake you."
She glanced at her cell phone, "I didn't see a call from you..."
"No," I said, "Your home phone."
She looked at me--
that look you give your mom's crazy neighbor before calling her son to come get her off the roof of your truck at 3 in the morning...
"I don't live there anymore..."
She sold the god damn house last week.
Someone inhabiting my body helped her pack.
god DAMN it.

shortly therafter...
i was talking to another friend
(ooh, and more on her in a minute--and it doesn't make me crazy it makes me psychic...eek. nevermind.)
and she said, "I wonder what happened to G."
I looked at her rather blankly, so she continued.
"I thought she was coming, but she's not here yet. Do you know where G. is?"
"Oh, I don't think I know her..."
(this was a wedding where i knew almost everyone on the bride's side, and this friend is the bride's sister in law...but these are my husband's friends from high school and their wives, so there are still people i don't know because they've wandered away from this core group...)
"G.??? G. and G.???" (the second "G." being her husband...)
a thousand points of FUCKING light illuminate above my soggy little head.
"OH!! G.!!!"

jesus christ.

someone help me...
before it's too late...
you don't want me wandering the neighborhood in my pajamas.
oh wait.
i already do that.

but serioiusly...
I've known the girl for as long as i've known the one i was talking to.
and it's not an entirely common name, either.
what the hell's the matter with me??

okay, so back to the thing that does not prove me to be 2 steps away from a mental hospital--
the one girl has 3 little boys, and is pregnant.
i saw her on tuesday and told her that she would have twins because she knows me.
because it has happened 3 times...
people i knew or saw when they were first pregnant ended up with twins.
so i thought i was being silly.
it was a twins curse...
cuz the next day poor girl goes in for an ultra sound.
twins.
i'm so excited!
she's less so.
heh.

No comments: