Wednesday, September 01, 2004

concerts, convertibles and crack

okay, no crack.

concert was good.
..ish.
driving my brother in law's beamer home after was more fun though.
with my shoes off.
and my music up.
and...
for a brief moment (or several)--
my hands off the wheel.
reaching up, into the wind.
and the best news was when the guys called, from my car, to say i had beat them by 60 blocks and i needed to backtrack and meet them.
aww...BUMMER.
know what's better than driving alone with good tunes?
that's right: nothing.
so, back to the concert.

there were 3 or 4 people between us and the stage.
but this was more due to apathy than ability...
and, maybe i'm a heartless bitch, but--
13 year old girls do NOT belong in the front row of a rock concert.
and if they are lucky enough to be there, they better damn well be ready to get trampled.

it was nice.
the bassist for puddle of mud was quite hot.
i spent half of their set imagining--
hehehe.
nevermind.
no, it's not what you think: it's WAY more embarassing.
i was imagining...
having the chance to interview him...
on an audioblog.
yeah.
i need a life--BADLY.
oh well.
and just behind us were Adonis & barbie...
from MY GYM!!!
i'm going to have to choose a new name for him.
does NOT look like a greek god with his new haircut.
still pretty, just not god like.
and in case anyone's unfamiliar, i view him like a piece of art, not a man.
anyway.
the chick with him is the little hottie with fake tits who works out in flip flops.
(i just realized she may have heard that men find "thongs" sexy...hmm....)
...so they're a perfect couple.
she looked amazing, but SO wrong for a rock concert.
it was kinda funny.
especially a wannabe rock concert, by the way.
i mean, dressing up all hotsy for a BIG name band, sure...but fucking nickelback?
nickelback did a metallica cover
and that was the most excited i got til i slid behind the wheel of the smooth ride.

in our circle, we refer to ALL of these bands as "Puddle of NickelCreed"...
cuz, let's face it--they all sorta blend.
this brings me to my next point:
my favorite songs by each band are so similar that they could have been written and performed by the same people.
and when i say "favorite" please realize that i'm saying they each have a song i like.
they both talk about aggressive sex, surprise surprise.

so here's my next rant...
rock concerts are for pussies these days.
seriously!
i have not had a single externally inflicted injury in years.
blisters from wearing the wrong shoes, sure.
but bruises? no.
and not a single broken toe, for god's sake!!
everyone's polite.
a mosh pit formed right behind us for a few minutes...
and boy oh boy did i ache for my Doc's...
in which my feet are sufficiently protected for me to dive in and slam against the others.
i'll post a picture of the shoes i was wearing in the morning.
stupid girl.
so, no moshing for me, but damn i miss it.

okay.
i think this might be enough rambling incoherancy for me.
it is now 3am.
fuu-uuu-u-uck.
i'm wide awake.
but writing this hasn't helped, so i'll go rock myself to sleep.
uh.
not like THAT.
i would certainly not need to rock myself if that was what i was talking about.
marriage is handy for such things.
did i REALLY just say "handy"?
jesus.
shoot me.

No comments: