Friday, August 05, 2005

Fridays are for fucking

Not exclusively,
but you have to admit, the alliteration is pleasant.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood,
but there's no way in hell I'm inviting you all to be my neighbors,
so don't even start humming that song
or taking off your damn work shoes,
and if you EVEN try trading your suit jacket for a zipped up sweater--
I'll punch you right in the face.
well...
that sounds a bit harsh.
It's just that if you guys all lived here,
I would never get anything done.
heh...except well...hehe.
nah, actually it would be a fucking blast.
I swear to Jehosaphat that I will throw the biggest blogger party and fly everyone to it if I ever get "rich".
I'm leaving it entirely vague on purpose...
but really, I think that I should celebrate the end of my 30th year (next june) by taking the mother of all roadtrips and go visit all the kick-ass bloggers in my life.
let's start a petition--
maybe the hubby will cave if you guys start harassing him, non-stop.

If you're asking yourself right now "Did Lisa drink too much coffee this morning?"
the answer is "yes".

Contractors showed up this morning to take final measurements.
They will start work Monday.
I am nearly breathless with excitement, and have even had my first encounter of the "getting ready to shower, bikini line covered in Nair, curls brushed out to frizzy mass" kind.
Good thing I told my kids to keep my bedroom door closed.
pooor guy did NOT need to see that.
especially before he even started working.
he would have run for the hills--
or I would have chased him!!
trauma--
missed by a nose.

And now, I'm off for a day at the waterpark.
leaving the littles with a friend, since they would just hold me back.
but the un-wicked(for once) step-mother that I am,
I am taking the step son.
He's a water bug, and old enough to do his own thing for the most part.
so, we're going with Becky,
the unblogger (which looks/sounds a lot like "unabomber"...)
and her twin neices, who are 11-ish.
should be fun.
better fucking be fun.
heh.

ok, I'm sure I have a thousand more non-things to say,
but they'll have to linger in my spongey little head a while longer.

happy Friday, kiddos!!

No comments: