Saturday, April 22, 2006

I think I have a zit

...but I'm not sure.
It doesn't really matter what it is.
It's small and red and on the underside of my mandible.
Whatever.
My chin doesn't mind.

I am

really

satisfied.

I spent the day with my best friend.
I helped her shop for (and rationalize) a new apartment,
she helped me shop for (and test drive) a new car.
I hope we both get what we want.
It's sitting in the driveway,
and I keep looking out the window at it, picking my way through hubby's rubble
(his side of the bed is HIS business. I only diffuse his chaos once a week or so.)
oops.
I fucked up my punctuation...I hate that.
I'm not fixing it, so I guess we'll all just have to take a nice big mouthful of "deal with it", eh?
Anyway...
the car is lovely.
It's a Volvo, like I've been talking about.
They insisted that I take it for the weekend, cuz they think they can win me that way.
They don't know my husband.
He's neither easily courted, nor won.
No worries.
I'm driving another one tomorrow, by appointment.
A year older, but with 10k fewer miles.
And a smaller price tag.
Eh, we'll see.
And did I mention how fucking fantastic it feels?
Great power, smooooth.
Pictures will follow.
Oooo...just remembered the motorcycle I took a picture of.
It was standing in the shade of a big, old, heavy tree.
It was new and crisp and shiny and...proud.
I wanted to slither across the seat, and around the sparkling exhaust pipes,
over the handlebars and around the swelling of the gas tank.
But, ya know.
I didn't.
Vertebrates have no fun.

We ate outside, at a wonderful Greek place...
the day was exquisite, like a ziplocked
snapshot
portrait of a perfect day.
and that includes the men and their
bikes.
rumbling, roaring,
flyyyyyyyyyyyying.
Yeah.
The sun kissed me softly today, like a mama to her baby.
We drove with the top down on her Saaaaaaaaab--
the first time this season.
It felt like summer, like home, like a day at the

beach...

oh...
I miss the beach.

So...anyway.
Wish me luck with the car, ok?
I am officially in charge of the negotiations.
I mewed a small protest,
but
really
I
relish the chance for this car to be
MINE.
My choice, my momentum driving its acquisition, my actions.
Yeah.

So we'll see.

I mopped the fuck out of my floor today.
Well, not precisely.
I mopped the entire main floor of my home,
working up quite a good pulse,
then went upstairs to wait for the tile to dry and kept my heart racing.
I really give great head.
Sometimes I forget.
...but hubby doesn't.

I think I'll go take the car to the store.
I need...
um...
bread?
Or something.
It has a sunroof and Yield is harbored within the dash, ready to pour out at me.
Good.
GOOD.
Times.

Wait, one more thing:
instead of going back to bed this morning,
I went for a run.
A good long one (long for me, at least).
And then I cleaned the house.
I FUCKING


LOVE


DAYS LIKE THIS!!!

Ok. Goodnight, my darling little Herbies.
(...love bugs...get it? haaaaaaaaa!)

No comments: