Tuesday, April 25, 2006

...huh?

Eh...what?

Sorry, I'm kind of out of it today.
My head is in other clouds and my feet are craving moss-covered forest floors...

Yesterday was one of the greatest days of my life.
I know that sounds silly, but...
the experience I will gain from this job, as a real
true
live
staff writer(!!!)
for the school paper
will be very valuable.
I am ecstatic, if a little nervous.

And then there is the matter of my new car!
I am not a materialistic person, I'm really not.
However.
This vehicle is my soul mate.
It really is.
I will not speak of our intimate bond,
I will only say that it is a beautiful machine with excellent crash test ratings.
...and it has leather and all-wheel-drive and geartronics and a sunroof and an actual car phone (which I have no reason to activate, but STILL! there's a receiver in the headrest!)
Oh, and did I mention it handles like a sports car?
My XC70 and I are going to have a lovely honeymoon.

Did you know I have never been so fully in control of my own vehicle purchase befor?
I chose the EXACT one I wanted.
I feel somehow very free because of this.
And very humbled.
No more bitching about hubby being a slob...no more rolling my eyes at Warcraft.
hee heee.
I think I'll have to find something new to bitch about, eh?

I can't believe I got so far behind on my comments from yesterday...
I'll cruise through them and do my best to answer, so don't feel bad if I skip you;
I have read them all.

This morning I took my final exam.
I still have to turn in a paper by next Tuesday, but then I'm FINISHED!!!
praise the jeebus.

So here are the details on my job:
--one article per week is all that's expected of me,
--but I may turn in as many as I want
--I am on Theater detail, so I'll get to go to plays!
--only 2 issues per week during the summer, as opposed to 5 during the regular school year
--my editor is going to France for a study abroad next month.
fuck him.
Ok, not really...I'm just so jealous.
Anyway, when I turn in articles I'll have to physically deliver them, so we can do a side-by-side edit--he (or the other editor) will read through it and give me immediate suggestions for improvement, then I'll rewrite and we'll give it to the copy editor who will give it to the proofreader.
(I would be in a state of perpetual orgasm if I was a proofreader, but this will be more betterer.)
So that's the process.
I imagine D-man already knew that, and he better believe I'll be hitting him up for advice when I get into this thing a bit.
He is a seasoned journalist--
I'm thinking just a light dusting of salt and pepper would do, but maybe some fresh garlic would be a nice touch.
....whaaat?
Oh, it's not as if I'm the only one who thinks of food and/or sex on a full-time basis!!
Psh.

Ok.
I think I'll catch up on my blog reading,
then head to the gym.
tonight is the kids' school carnival.
Should be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!

No comments: