Sunday, June 26, 2005

Miracles really do happen!!

You may notice I have a properly functioning keyboard...
or maybe you didn't notice, but in any case, I do have one.
and you also may notice
(although, I'm going to go with "probably not" on this one, because none of you have seen or spoken to me today, or ever, for that matter...)
that I haven't been to the store yet.
Miracles?
yes.
the miracle of Lisa's last remaining neuron firing off into the lonely synapse in the corner,
causing her to remember/realize/divine the possession of another keyboard.
Kids' room.
I only saw the damn thing 43.2 times between the time I spilled water in mine and "discovered" theirs.
not bad if you take into account my temporary recurring bouts of Alzheimer's.
what?
it's true.
my doctor insists that it's not a "real" condition, but what the hell does he know??

last night we took the kids to a fireworks display for our town fair thingy.
it was...
AMAZING.
it lasted a solid 30 minutes, and the best part was we arrived, found easy parking in an out-of-the-way place, snuggled up in our big old blanket on the sprawling lawns behind the fairgrounds (where all the other thousands of people were), and they started within minutes.
It was one of those perfect family outings.
and today we went to a little lake above one of the ski resorts.
gorgeous weather, gorgeous surroundings.
they loved it--
my kids.
mine.
and did I mention how mother fucking phenomenal it is to have Mr. husband home again???
he was only gone for 4 days, but that's about 3 1/2 too many.
hey--I'm no clinger.
heh.
it's not so much that it's "bad" when he goes away,
it's really nice to have the chance to miss him.

I am really struggling to pick a second class for the coming semester.
I'm afraid that if I pick something really hard,
it will discourage me...
I'm afraid of taking two easy classes right off,
and using them up before I start going full time and need a little buffer...
Everything loooks harder than it should,
after ten years away from school...
eeek!
I just have to keep reminding myself that I am smart enough,
and I will EVENTUALLY discover some study habits...
somewhere.
maybe under a rock.
or in the back pocket of some law student who looks vaguely like a guy I used to date.
under the front seat of my car?
hm.
the breeding grounds of the ancient study habits have been superceded by urban sprawl,
but I will not give up until I see them in their natural habitat.

Happy Summer to you all--

No comments: