Friday, July 14, 2006

Happy Birthday, Babies!!!!

Today is the day--
my handsome little ones turn SIX.
That means it has been six years since that hot day.
Six years since I was achy and itchy and pretending my contractions were going nowhere.
Six years since my water broke.
Six years since I knew the joy of an epidural,
and six years since I had the two tiniest, sweetest little boys in the whole world placed into my arms.
I will never forget the way their little hands would press the air around them...it was like watching butterflies in slow motion, and I could happily do it for hours.

So this morning, being woken too early by lanky naked children clamboring onto my bed with stacks of presents...well, it was ok, I guess.
We already managed to lose the coolest airplane that my mom sent.
over the neighbor's fence.
ack.
We'll get it back.
I haven't given them their GameBoy Advances yet.
I'm such a bitch.
But hey--
I figure I'll make the excitement last a little longer if I can.
Usually they get a higher quantity of lower quality gifts, so they may be a little disappointed to just have one big thing (plus a couple of games and a couple of movies...I couldn't resist the movies, they're on such a Charlie Brown kick lately!)
Whatever.
They're spoiled rotten.
...but in a good way.

Here's the original birthday blog post, if you're interested.


Oliver, 2003


Max, 2003


2003

...and I guess this means it's time for me to take some new pictures!
Yes, I have more, but nothing recent that's very good.
Dangit.

No comments: