Tuesday, June 29, 2004

have i told you lately that---

i love you?
or is it Rod Stewart that i love?
ew.
nope, must have been you.

as much as i hate waking up early, it's always kind of fun and exciting when i do it.
so here i am...
6 a.m.
and i am thrilled to have some quiet time to catch up on this blog world of mine.
i haven't been keeping up with my favorite blogs at all lately.
and that makes me feel sad, and restless and unfulfilled and hungover and hungry and in need of a good stretch.

um.
have i ever mentioned that my brain doesn't function properly when i get up in the early morning?
it's true.
i often mumble, or grunt.
so i'm not sure why i thought it would be wise to try to write something at this hour.
...which i refer to as "the butt-crack of dawn".
and not so much in a "a girl named Dawn wearing super-low-rise jeans" manner either.
i'm talking "way too fucking early to be anywhere but my giant bed on my high thread-count sheets".

but at least i'm using my husband's computer instead of my lap top.
(which, as you may recall, was falling apart like a leper in an earthquake. and incidentally, i tried that out on my mom and she didn't laugh at all. maybe i'm just a sicko. uh. maybe???)
where the hell was I?
oh yeah.
the computer.
my computer actually had a full body transplant, so it's doing much better now, and that's a relief.
i love having my own machine.
it has all MY junk on it.
...although i probably ought to consider doing backups occassionallly.
anyway, using this computer is fun--yet hazardous.
the 21 inch monitor is niiiice.
but the spontaneous re-boots are not.
the much faster processor is nice.
but not having all my files is not.
(and by "files", yes i mean nude pictures of myself to browse whenever i'm bored.)
(see, when your husband is a computer guy you end up with strange computer problems--just like mechanics always driving weird cars.)

my bed is so close right now, that i can hear it...
whispering to me--sweet promises of sleep.
i should probably crawl into it and drink of the sweet cup of solitude and sleep.
...and NO that is not code for anything.
bunch of frigging perverts.

and now that i have acknowledged the possibility of sleep, my body is fighting me.
so, perhaps i'll have to go.
...slide between those smooth sheets and burrow in for a bit more slumber before the kidlets awake.

No comments: