Tuesday, June 22, 2004

could it be tuesday already?

yeah, i suppose it could.
so here's the scoop:
my mom and my sister are flying in tomorrow from Maine and Florida.
to stay with me all week...
so, i'll be rather scarce for a while.
i plan to still post a couple of times, and check comments, so stick around.

anyway, it would appear that i am the exact opposite of "in the mood" to write this damn thing.
like...
i would rather pick my earwax out with the dull end of a pen and inspect it.
or stare at the ceiling.
or give my shoulders a nice firm rub (cuz hot DAMN i had a great workout today)
oh, well i guess that's something i could talk about...
since it's a rare and unusual thing for me to do.
heh.
but seriously--this morning was a busy one, and i ended up getting to the gym much later than i had planned--
and also much bitchier.
i was in a state, let's say.
so i started the mp3 player, flipped through until i hit Rammstein's "bang bang" (XXX soundtrack)
and ran a mile.
then i hit the weights.
quite literally...
it felt absolutely wonderful though.
and every time the playlist would hit a slower paced song, i would angrily jam at buttons until i found some more godsmack or metallica.
yummmmm....
(I know, i went and girlied it all up didn't I?)
and anthrax--whoa, mama.
i need to listen to more anthrax.
but anyway.
by the time i headed back to do my 30 minutes of cardio i was relatively calm.
so i really enjoyed that run, too.
i came home, refreshed but ravenous.

and then.

when my husband got home we attacked the disaster area which was our garage.
it holds two cars easily, but we let it get so clogged with stuff over the winter that he's been parking in the driveway for months now.
he did most of the work, but jesus H. that was exhausting!!
looks great though, and both our vehicles now fit cozily inside.

and then.

he reminded me of a suggestion i had made earlier, concerning something of his and a place it should go, yadda yadda yadda...

and now i'm here.
attempting to write something non-shitty.
something non-committal.
something non-ugly, non-brown, non-lemons-into-lemonade-y...
something purple on the inside, but non-purple on the non-inside...

i wish i could leap tall buildings with a single bound (or possibly a double bound)
i wish i could run faster than a speeding bullet--but only if it would work on water too.
i miss the innocent days of my youth when i didn't know...
i wish i didn't know that everything has an ending--except rainbows.

i want some watermelon.
i want everything to go well this week...
to show my mom and my sister (who is the one i need to impress) that i am perfect too.
okay, that almost made me laugh out loud.
i guess they know by now that i'm not like them...and they love me anyway.
but.
i still wish i could be.
mostly i want my kids to behave and my stress levels to do the same.
and i want everything to be relaxed and fun...
like it is when i'm not the host...
i guess this little therapy exercise just worked--
now i know why i'm freaking out about two of my favorite people coming to visit.
let's repeat this together:
they don't expect me to be perfect.
we will have fun.
it's us--the three musketeers, for chrissakes.
and let's not forget the best part:
i get to meet my sister's one and only baby for the first time!!
sooo excited!
i wish her husband was coming, but he's a pilot for the Navy and could not arrange for time off this week.
hats off to him though, eh?

in fact, i will be spending the earlier evening with my girlfriends tomorrow
having a beer and just laughing.
so that should be a good buffer for the transition from frantic cleaning and shopping to joyous airport greetings.

thanks for letting me vent.
yeah, i know--i didn't give you much warning.
sorry if you had somewhere to be.

No comments: