Monday, January 09, 2006

How many titles can one person come up with??

Don't answer that.
(smartass)

Ok.
So, it's Monday morning.
And I have just returned from a really stupid trip to pick up my textbooks for the class that starts tomorrow.
Oh, the trip itself wasn't stupid, but my game plan was.
Start to finsh: STOOPID.
Hey, I know! Let's select the "pick up on campus" option.
Then I won't have to pay shipping or worry about if they'll arrive on time.

Yeah...
so then I decide that there might be a long line, so I'll go today.
Which makes for wasting at least 1 1/2 hours of my 3 hours of free time.
There was, incidentally, NO line.
At all.
There were several prominent and clearly marked signs pointing the way to "internet order pick up".
And one bored and geeky guy sitting at a desk.
With rows and rows of neatly bagged books behind him.
(Probably blogging while he waits for customers, the fucker.)
So.
Alllll that hoopla.
For nothing.
Oh well.
It was a hoop-la weekend all around, so I shouldn't be too surprised.
Spent an hour driving around in the snow last night;
looking for a baby shower.
Found it.
Then I spent another 40 minutes missing all the right turns to the restaurant where mr. husband had called in a take out order.
I was...
a little hungry and possibly a whole lot ornery by the time I arrived home.
But at least I didn't have to cook.

hold that thought.

Sorry, I was mid-post, around ten thirty this morning, when my friend stopped by.
so we've been hanging out.
But not with our wangs out.
(because we don't have wangs.)

So last night as I was lying in bed, my mind roared and raced--
my heart, too.
I had this ball of tension spinning around inside me, as I wondered what's around the next bend for me.
Maybe nothing, and that's ok.
But.
If it's something...
It's electricity swimming through my layers of skin and nerves and muscle,
skidding along my bones.
I feel it.
There is nothing whispered about it, nothing soft or shy.
It is loud and fierce.
I will own it.

I think...
it's time for a workout.
and since it's Monday, I'll put you all out of my misery now--

No comments: