Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ok, enough of the heavy stuff

Again, I can't tell you guys enough how great it's been to pop in for so many wonderful cyber hugs.

I've reached that stage where I am over the shock, and my mind is used to having him in the forefront so it doesn't jolt me every time I think about him.

Anyway.
I just wanted to put something slightly less dark up.

So last night one of the brothers left his Audi here,
and he always lets me drive his cars, so I took it when I ran out to get Arby's at 10.
(I had realized that I hadn't eaten any meals and very few snacks all day, so it was time.)
La la la, fun to drive a different car, etc.
And then I gave it some gas and the pedal stuck to the floor.
It freaked me the hell out at first because I didn't know what was happening.
Fortunately, the brakes still worked and I made it to the side of the road and put the car in Park and turned it off.
I was only out of control for probably 10 seconds (it sped up, I braked, then let off the brakes and it sped up again, so I braked again and got off the road), but it was enough to shake me up.
So that was pretty sweet.

Before that I had a cool chat with a convenience store clerk as she rang up my husband's cigarettes.
There was a rainstorm starting and she commented on it.
I mentioned how much I love watching the lightening with my kids and she agreed.
Then she told me about her uncle who has been hit 3 times!
Crazy.

I have things I should be doing, so I think I'll end this.
Just wanted to pop in and let you all know I'm doing a bit better.
Viewing tomorrow night, funeral Friday.
Ack.

Thank you all again for being here with me.

The obituary's at harktheherald.com, if anyone's interested.

No comments: