Monday, October 24, 2005

Home again, home again, jiggity jig...

Oh, just pretend you didn't read that title, ok???
I don't think that's too much to ask.
After all, I do bare my soul (and most of my body!) for you guys.

So the weekend was lovely, in myriad ways.
Good food, great scenery, conversation, etc.
The play was fantastic,
karaoke night at the local bar was surprisingly gentle on the ears (and eyes!),
and antique shopping was soothing for the soul--
especially since the husbands hung out at the cabin playing play station while we shopped.
I found some cool old signs that I REALLY wanted to get for my new office
(which I'm using right now!!)
(the office, not the signs)


but decided against it because I wasn't sure when the kids would catch on,
and frankly I don't think they need to know what a pervert their mother is.



yes, you heard right:
after 2.3 months, our basement is finally finished!
The carpet went smoothly, and we moved some stuff down here last night.
my office is set up, just need one of those roller-mats for my gorgeous chair.
we still need to get desks, and a poker table, but it's looking good for now.
The husband wants to wait until Christmas to get the projection tv thing, but I'm going to try to talk him into doing it sooner.
It feels weird to have my computer so far away from the action.
As much as I hated having it in the middle of so much chaos,
it was kind of convenient for my obsessive checking of email and comments.
oh well.
ya can't have it all, right??

I do have a test to study for, though.

I don't want to jinx myself, because it's probably already sold out, but...
there's a show we're going to attempt to attend on Wednesday.
I'm not sure how I missed the fact that ANTHRAX was touring with Judas Priest.
Judas Priest, fine, good, whatever.
but ANTHRAX.
ooooh....must. go.

I'm pretty sure that my brain is still asleep.
I wonder if it's still having that crazy dream about the assassin...
I'm sure I have more to say, but alas, there is that test to study for.
and the sleeping brain.
have a happy Monday.
I'll write later if I wake up...

No comments: