Thursday, September 01, 2005

blogger blows

nice "recover post" feature.
that SO does not work.

even if 98.3% of the blame belongs to my (kids') computer for freezing, mid-post.

It was just a long-winded rant about parking and pee, so you're not missing much.
I have a party to prepare for, and kids to pick up.
food to cook, stuff to dust.
BUT.
I did get the final ingredient for a Velvet Brain Hammer today.
Thanks, Chris--I'll let ya know how it turns out.
I even bought a pretty glass pitcher yesterday to serve them in--
I've been meaning to get one for EVER, so I'm glad I finally (fucking) remembered.
I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it...
should go nicely with my Jalepeno Wantons, crab dip, fresh guacamole, and cucumber sandwiches (on star-shaped bread)...
I fucking love making yummy food!!!!
After I had the kidlets I went from Martha Stewart mode (er...only in the kitchen)
to "whatever I can buy pre-made and throw onto a plate while shoving all the clutter into a closet" mode.
and, much like Martha's own return from prison, I too, am getting back into the kitchen.
AND.
hubby left his XM in my car last night, so I got to listen to god damn mother fucking GREAT comedy all the way to school and back.
Robin Williams on the invention of golf?
yes, please.
George Carlin's news broadcast?
I'll take two!
other people, on other subjects?
bring it the fuck on, XM!!!!
I'm ready and waiting.

I don't want to go pick up my kids...
they're at a lovely little drop-in day care, with fun toys and reasonable rates...
I had to take them there so I could go to class.
only I never made it to class...
see: parking and pee.
no, there was no pee "incident"--
I was simply under excruciating pain trying to avoid one, at the same time that I was vastly unsuccessful at finding parking.
so, I zoomed to the end of campus and hurtled into the hospital--
they have bathrooms there, dipshit, I wasn't dumb enough to seek medical attention for the problem, m'kay?
so.
I peed, and sweet jesus sang from on high!
or something, because boy oh boy did that feel terrific.

so after much charlie chaplin-like running around and getting nowhere like, really damn fast,
I went and bought a parking pass.
so...hopefully I wont' have to miss class again.
and I bought the textbook that wasn't assigned for my History of Rock n Roll class until after the first day of class.
just, completely, not listed on the textbook site.
dumbass.
and now, I'll be able to park.
...provided there are ever any free spaces anywhere near my building.
oh yes, I'm sure you haven't heard the last of the parking saga.
I'm sure you're thrilled...
"Tune in next time, when our fearless heroine plows over a handicapped kid to beat an old man to the last remaining parking spot on the entire campus!"

what does everyone have planned for the (american) holiday weekend?
we're going camping, on a mountain near a lake, with some friends.
should be good.
...if it's not too cold.
and the town at the base of the mountain is having its local festival this weekend,
so we'll have to go do some Onion Days festivities...
I fucking hate Utah, though.
EVERY damn town has a "______ Days"
some of them are named for a piece of produce, but others are just named for the town.
have I mentioned lately the herd mentallity of this fuck hole?
bah.
no, really, the surgeon said he was successful at removing the chip,
and my shoulder has the scar to prove it...
must just be a phatom pain.

ok, ok...
I'll go get my darling demons.
I'll be 'round to read everyone a little later.
I pinky swear...

No comments: