Friday, September 19, 2003

sometimes life is just plain perfect

Well, my friend came and went. We had a lovely evening then she hauled me out of bed at 6 a.m. to say goodbye and I didn't even mind. Not much to report...she recommended some good books, gave me lots of good advice.

HOWEVER. The husband is so tricky!! He had me convinced that we were not going to go anywhere overnight for our late anniversary celebration, which was fine. But last night he said, "Be packed and ready to go by 6 tomorrow night." And we're not coming back until Sunday night. yaaaaaaaaaaay!!! He won't tell me where we're going. He is insisting that he doesn't know yet, but when i suggested calling around today to make a reservation somewhere he wouldn't let me do that either. so, i'll let you know. The best part is that i already cleaned the house and did all the laundry and got the guestroom ready (it had become our junk room....so it needed major gutting). so all i have to do is change the sheets and put fresh towels in the guest bath. EASY. cuz frankly, it took me aaaaaaaaaaaallll day yesterday to get everything done. and that would take some of the fun out of looking forward to the weekend off.

Okay, enough boring housewife stuff.

No comments: