Friday, May 13, 2011

I think I'm ashamed of being a blogger drop-out...

Kind of like how I dropped out of college--
just sort of got caught up in new currents,
ya know?
Wandered away...
And the guilt! Oh, the guilt!
I miss blogging all the time,
but I know that so many of my dear bloggy companions
are as long gone as I am.
Which makes a return far less enticing.
Besides the fact that I am not
connected-like-Keaneau-in-the-Matrix to it anymore.
It was certainly an addiction for a while there.
Woven into the fabric of my daily life,
like oxygen and cat hair.
Oh wait, that's NOW.
Well, the cat hair infiltrating every aspect of my life, at least...
But I digress.

Maybe when I get a little more distance,
I'll be able to write a book about the two lives I lived.
The first marriage, and the second--
survival and thrival, respictively.
(and yes, thrival is a word...ahem...)
The way I rebelled against Utah and felt trapped in my uncomfortably-fitting marriage vs. the way I settle-with-deep-contentment into Maine and glory in every moment I get to spend with my True Love....ahem...yes, well, now you remember why I haven't been blogging, right? Hehe...
Yes, I've settled into Real Life, but he's still, like...dreeeamy...it's like he's oxygen and cat hair to me! Wait...what?
Seriously...I live and breathe this guy.
Three years we've been together, and he still gives me butterflies,
I still CAN'T WAIT for him to get home from work every day,
and send him love notes all day...
So, anywho.
Where was I?
Cuz now I'm just sitting here smiling into the blue...

Have a lovely weekend, kids.

8 comments:

Leen said...

I miss your writing. But totally understand why you're busy... ;-)

Midwestern City Boy said...

We miss your posts; but we understand. Hope you are having a wonderful Maine summer.

suziejd said...

It's good to hear from you. Congrats on the happiness. I, too, had a second chance at love, contentment, and a different part of the country - glad you did, too.

I hope you pop in now and again!

Leesa said...

I have been away from blogging for about two years. A fellow blogging buddy has started again, and I have seen her site. She has written a few times in a month. Guess she is second-guessing herself now. Maybe.

I see a few blogging buddies still around, but I have definitely abandoned ship. I am nearly divorced, and that sort of started my wanting not to blog anymore. I did not want all of the sadness written down publicly.

E. said...

Yes, I'm glad you're happy, too! But I do miss your blog. I miss a lot of things about it, but one thing is hearing about the real sexual feelings and sensuous life of a grown-up person who's smart and funny and real.

Many of my favorite blogs have fallen off, though, and I partly blame facebook and twitter.

But we'll always be glad to see posts from you when you get inspired :)

Ciance said...

I pulled up the skeleton of my blog from 2003 and all my blog links were still on it. I used to look forward to seeing your blog, I remember that. Amazing revisiting you 8 years later. Sometimes not permanently deleting something has its advantages. So Lisa - I hope all is well with you!

Ciance (Seduced by Sanity, ca. 2003-2004)

Bored said...

Oh! Wow...
It is so nice...well, way beyond nice, in fact, to see so many familiar "faces" in here! I miss you guys, and the blogging heydeys of the early millenium.

Don't tell, but I might actually be working on my second (but first "real") novel...I have four chapters and I'm feeling pretty great about all the potential and the direction it's taking. I will be starting a writing workshop next week, focused on book writing, and the woman who runs the class is a good mentor. I just need a fire lit under me, and that's mainly what I'm paying for, but I think she'll give some great guidance and feedback, etc.

Ciance!!! I am so glad to see you. I have wondered about you from time to time--I think my darling husband was talking about Ducati's and I wondered what you were up to.

Leesa--I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through a divorce; no matter what the circumstances, divorces are ugly times. I'm sure you will emerge like a phoenix, beautiful and strong, but it's no fun going through the fire. :)

E.--I appreciate, as always, your frankness. You remain one of my absolute heroes and role models! As for the writing about the sexual side of life...eh...that is such a complicated issue. I think I needed to express that side in that other life, because it wasn't being satisfied, even though it was being constantly provoked. Now...I am satisfied in such a full spectrum, of which that is only a part, and it seems to be a relief to be out of the spotlight. :) But.....I sure did write some fun stuff, and I could certainly see myself wandering into that literary place again, as this relationship matures.

Leen, you are such a darling. I always want to just hug you!! And maybe some day we will sit on a porch with cold drinks and talk for hours...

Thanks, SuzieJD! You are a blogger I wish I had known when I was in the thick of it here; back when I used to read blogs every day. I am glad to know you now, but it is so much less intimate! :)

MidWestern City Boy! So great to see that you guys are still happily blogging away after all these years. You're one of my favorite examples of "first marriages gone RIGHT"! :)

richmanwisco said...

That's so cool, and I'm very happy for you. Everybody deserves happiness. And it's good to see you're still poking around the blogosphere.