Saturday, July 17, 2010

Heat is not my friend

I prefer a cold, rainy day
or a snowy day
any day
over this heavy, humid heat.
Could it be worse?
Sure.
Do some places get hotter than this for a very long time?
Uh-huh.
But guess what?
There are only like, THREE frigging air conditioners in the entire state of Maine.
Also?
Some days I have to sit on a dock, with the sun reflecting up off the water and under my not-as-shady-as-it-could-be umbrella.
On a hard bench, with crap poking me in the shoulder blades.
And on the days that I'm not out there, I am in a stuffy little shop, with one small fan and no cross breeze.
Waaaaah, poor me.
But fer chrissakes!!
It's torture.
And I am waaaay too old for this shit.
And I need to complain somewhere, so this is the place.
My apologies if you're reading this.
Perhaps it would help if my body wasn't staging a revolt against me, and would start doing its job.
Don't worry, I'm not going to go into detail, but let's just say...some of my organs aren't really up to par and it makes me dehydrate easily AND gives me nausea.
Maybe I can transplant my brain (and my rack) to a brand new body.
Something with stamina, and skin that tans instead of burns...
Oooo, I'll keep my hair, too.


Wow.
I guess I shouldn't blog grumpy.
Oh, time to go get some work done...
yuck.
(that means I have to step away from my fan and run to the dock, climb down into the ship, and run back...upload some pictures, then run back to the dock and run back to the store....that's an awful lot of quick movements for girl like me on a day like this.)

11 comments:

陳佑發 said...

辛苦了!祝你愈來愈好!..................................................................

Amie said...

I love that you would keep your rack and your hair. x

楊家堯楊家堯楊家堯 said...

要在憂患恥辱的環境裡,創造我們自力更生的新生活。..................................................

Kathie said...

I can identify with the summer yearning for icy cool breezes. Give me the Blizzard of 2010 any day! Good to see you back at blogging--I'm back, too (formerly housewifecafe.com) anyway, find me at Kshoop.com and stay cool--literally!!!

祥明祥明 said...

Knowledge is power.............................................................

Midwestern City Boy said...

Six months from now, we'll be in the middle winter longing for days like these. It was 95 degrees today so I came home early from work just to enjoy the weather. We LOVE the burning summer sun. All we do in the winter is turn the heat up and wait for summer.

周伯啟江彥璋 said...

不要去想沒拿到的東西,多想想自己手裡所擁有的..................................................

張袁小璇翊瑜 said...

很喜歡你的部落格,來給你加油,幫你推一下喔~期待你的下一個更新,謝謝.................................[/url]...............

Mr. L said...

Would you prefer to be here in the "high desert"??? I thought not....LOL

Elizabeth said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! Somedays there is just plenty to complain about and this is a perfect place! You are a lovely writer. That's what counts.

E. said...

I would love to live in a state with so few air conditioners. Here in the Midwest there are way too many people who want to set the air in the 60s (which makes me freeze my butt off). One of my pet peeves is when people or institutions set their air colder in the summer than they set their heat in the winter. WTF? It's illogical, uncomfortable, and environmentally kooky.

I try not to turn on the air, and when I have to, I like it set at 78. But I feel your pain - very few of us enjoy high heat and high humidity. Midwestern City Boy being an exception, of course! And so he's lucky, at least in the Midwestern summer.