Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm neither here nor there--

as far as I can tell.

Got home late last night from The Cruise,
will be leaving Sunday for The Road Trip.

The cruise was great--
the kids behaved themselves amazingly well,
the food was good but I didn't gain a single pound,
and My True Love will be here, IN MY ARMS, in 6 hours!
How much better could life get???

So we left Wednesday night
(as soon as Idol announced the winner--and thank god the right David won, or that road trip woulda been depressing)
with the kids tucked into the way back with blankies and pillows and DVD player,
And M tucked into the backseat, surrounded by luggage and snacks, with Me taking the first leg of driving and S in the passenger seat.
We talked and talked and the kids were great and then we listened to this INCREDIBLE audio book about going with the flow of the universe and the roads were slick from rain and the night was heavily dark, but inside the car there was laughter, love, and light.
When S took over driving I dozed a bit and then we pulled over in the desert of California, somewhere near where Barstow would be if it was real (I'm pretty sure it's not).
We tried to sleep but the kids were too giggly so I drove us on into San Diego.
Our mapquested directions delivered us painlessly to the cruise ship port which,
much to the delight of the kids,
was docked RIGHT
NEXT
TO
an aircraft carrier!!!!
Not only that, but it was serving as a museum and they got to go through it!!!
the looks on their faces at the sight of that thing were absolutely priceless.
You'd think they had won the lottery.
They had, in their world.
It was friggin awesome.
So we had some breakfast and got on board the ship and we were all ridiculously overtired but excited.
The beds were deliciously comfortable and the cold, windy, cloudy day stayed outside while we all caught up on our sleep a bit.
We awoke to seasickness and scrambled to put little patches behind everyone's ears--
which were life savers, but didn't kick in until the next morning.
None of us had expected to be seasick so we didn't put them on ahead of time, but the ocean was rather rough and the boat was a smaller one than our experienced cruiser had been on so there ya go.
Anyway, the weather stayed cold the whole time, so we didn't ever go swimming, and all the sundresses and tank tops seemed a little out of place.
The kids didn't really take a cotton to the Kids Camp thingy, either, so we spent a lot of time watching movies in the cabin, but it was all fun, even if it wasn't quite what I expected.
And then.
We got off the boat and we were in
MEXICO!!!!
I have never been to Mexico.
Canada yes, but never Mexico.
(I have also been to France, but that is the extent of my world travel. heh)
We were assailed by all the many street vendors and the sun was shining and our sunscreen was patchily applied, so off we went!
We walked through the coolish-warmish (perfect) sunshine to the quietest spot on the beach and had a grand ole time!
S was courted quite relentlessly by a young man who promised to take her to Love Island...heh.
I found a tequila shop and bought a couple of bottles, as well as a large bottle of vanilla.
I have funnier stories, but sadly they are not available for public consumption.
The rest of the cruise was spent eating and napping and then we drove home.
The end.

Sheesh.
I really thought I had more stories!!
But I just guess I don't.
For a cruise with kids, it would have been nice to have some sunshine.
For a cruise with cold raininess it would have been nice to have a lover.
Oh well.
Oh yeah!
I did call my love at one point--ten minutes for $76, and I must say it was worth every penny!!!
Yes, I'm nuts.
Also, we picked up a ton of duty-free alcohol, which is extra silly because none of us drinks very often.
So now we're set for the next year.
Or two.

On the drive home one of my boys asked me what the brown lunch bags were for.
I explained that I had brought them along so we could pack sandwiches from the ship for our shore excursion because we had been told to be wary of the local food/drink situation.
So....
15 or 20 minutes later we stopped for gas and I went to the back to let the kids out and what did I find?
The entire contents of each of their backpacks arranged carefully into about 10 lunch bags!
It was the funniest thing I've ever seen.
They were VERY pleased with their work.

Let's see...what else?
I know we had lots of fun.
Oh yeah!!!!
I almost forgot the funniest part!
One afternoon one boy (O) was sleeping and the other boy (M) wanted to go with me to get some ice cream.
So, S joined us and we went for ice cream.
We were about to leave when we were accosted by a sheepish looking man.
He had a strange little proposition for us.
Apparently there were chicken fingers about to be set out at one end of the buffet, but they were only for the children (and as it turned out, they were only for children signed in to Kids Camp) and he was wondering if he could ask our son ("or nephew?" ..."Son.") to get him a plate full.
We laughed and agreed to this stealthy little manuever.
He insisted on giving my child $5 for his services, which I attempted to refuse, but M's eyes lit up and he took on the challenge like a PRO!
It turned out that we needed to sign him into the Kids Camp and then steal the plate from him and deliver it to the guy (and his boyfriend) who watched the whole thing with great amusement.
Hilarious!
M felt so proud and so grown up.
When his brother woke and joined the game M very quickly offered to share the loot with him and I was so very proud.
Those boys are so kind to each other--when they're not asserting dominance and testosterone-emergence by smacking each other randomly with brute force or tattling on each other to the extreme.

Anyway.
It was a fun trip.
Not sure that cruising is my thing.
I have always suspected that I prefer the destination to be the journey, at least as far as cruises go.
I would rather fly to Mexico and spend 4 days on the beach than travel there by boat, I think.
Unless it was sunny and warm...
Eh.
Whatever.
I got to go on a super fun vacation with my adorable kids and some great friends.
I shall not complain!!!

Tonight?
I'm GETTIN LAID, people!!
Woooot!
And even better than that, I'm getting hugged--
held tightly, and kissed softly.
I'm getting snuggled and adored and I can't wait!!!

Oh, there he is now, texting me...
au revoir, mes amies!
(don't know the spanish; back off)

P.S. I just remembered one of the other funny stories:
We pulled off the road somewhere in the desert so that we could attempt to sleep and I climbed in the way back with the kiddos and we all got settled in and then O said, "Hey Mom. If someone pulled over and looked in our car they would think there were a bunch of dead people in it!!"
And since he sounded so delighted the obvious response from me was, "Score!!"
Ha.

1 comment:

sexy said...

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,情境坊歡愉用品,情趣用品,情人節禮物,情惑用品性易購,A片,視訊聊天室,視訊,視訊聊天,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,聊天室,UT聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,免費視訊聊天室

免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,A片,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

A片,色情,成人,做愛,情色文學,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,言情小說,愛情小說,AIO,AV片,A漫,av dvd,聊天室,自拍,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,色情A片,SEX,成人圖片區

情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,色情網站,免費AV,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人網站,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,成人影片,情色網


情趣用品,A片,免費A片,日本A片,A片下載,線上A片,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人文章,成人影城,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,臺灣情色網,色情,情色電影,色情遊戲,嘟嘟情人色網,麗的色遊戲,情色論壇,色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區,做愛,性愛,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,美女交友,做愛影片

av,情趣用品,a片,成人電影,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,aio,av女優,AV,免費A片,日本a片,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,聊天室,美女交友,成人光碟

情趣用品.A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,免費A片,日本a片,a片下載,線上a片,av女優,av,成人電影,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,成人文章,成人影城,成人網站,自拍,尋夢園聊天室